Sunday, January 10, 2016

Ponderize Jan 1-9 1Nephi 18:3


This week I have been ponderizing a scripture I found as I studied. I have read it countless times before but it never grabbed me the way it did this time. 
It is Nephi speaking of when he was building the ship. He often went up into the mountain to pray and get further instructions and guidance. The Lord gave him what he needed to continue to construct the ship, not after the manner of men, but after the manner God showed him. 
It hit me that I can apply this to my life. By considering the mount to be the temple. I need to go there OFT. It's so silly how hard it is for me to get there regularly. It's 5 minutes away! But if I make an effort to go there and pray OFT there, the Lord will provide the instruction and guidance (show unto me great things) I need to construct my ship. My life. My family. Not after the manner of man, but after the manner shown me by the Lord. 
In some areas of my life it's apparent I haven't patterned my family after the manner of men. 9 kids is definitely not the manner of men. But that's not the only area I want to pattern after the Lord's pattern. I desire to follow Him in all areas, yet my human-ness makes that so much harder than it should be. Kind of like how hard it is to go 5 minutes to the temple. Sounds easy, but is not. 
I really liked the thoughts this scripture gave me and as it's a new year and I'm thinking of ways to improve it has been instrumental. My word for the year came to me early one morning when I woke up before my normal waking time and I was lying in bed, thinking. It's CONSISTENT. I need to be consistent/constant in so many ways. And making a consistent effort to 'go into the mount (temple) oft and pray oft' is one way I can improve this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment