Saturday, January 16, 2016

Consistent

A new year, a new word. I didn't really start thinking about what I wanted my word for 2016 to be until after the first of the year. I had a RS lesson to prepare for the first Sunday in Jan and that took over all my pondering time. One morning as I lay in bed, unable to sleep, the word CONSISTENT popped into my head. I noticed it and began to mull it over. I really liked it but I felt drawn to the word CONSTANT too, and decided I would look them up, think about it some more and then decide which it would be.
I looked up both words on the Internet and I liked the definition of constant better. See the photo below. So I thought maybe I'd go with that. Then I found the quote from Sis. Burton(screenshot below), the RS General President, from the Oct 2014 General Conference. It described exactly what I was going for. 

So my word for 2016 is CONSISTENT. Defined as steady, constant, and dependable. Also regularly recurring and steadfast in purpose.

I have many areas in my life where I just need consistency. 
I began a slow, careful study of the Book of Mormon in the fall. I need to make that a regularly recurring event. Daily. 
I am determined to be more consistent at praying in the morning. 
I have also been writing in a gratitude journal. Need to be consistent. 
I started indexing a batch a day after reading Mari's blog post about that. I have been, but still need to be consistent. 
I want to be much more consistent in my temple attendance. It's only 5! minutes away. 
I have determined that a blog is the best way for me to record our family's story. I like to look at people's scrapbook pages, but I can't get enough of the story on a fancy scrapbook page. And I still end up with only one book. A blog allows me more writing space and my kids can access it anywhere they have Internet service and anytime they like. AND, I can print it into books if I want to. SO, I need to be consistent at writing and publishing posts. About both current events and past history. 
I have jumped back on the THM bandwagon and consistency is needed there to see any progress...
I need to be much more consistent in my parenting. It's always been a weakness of mine as a parent. 
I need to be more consistent in doing my calling and my VT.
So many areas. Consistent can be applied to Every. Single. Thing. I. Do. 

I feel good about the small changes I've made in the last few months to make the time to do these small and simple things we've been asked to do. I just need to continue, to be CONSISTENT, and I know the Lord will bless my efforts. 

I have made a new little reminder to put in my kitchen window. It's right below my cheerful sign which I'm leaving up because I'll also be working on being consistently cheerful! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment