Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Lego-master Soren

I've shared before that we are fans of Legos. We got our first (large) bunch of Legos from Grandma Welch who gave us all of Ben's Legos when he went on his mission. It was a small tote bin full of bricks and I couldn't imagine that we'd ever need more. Oh, how wrong I was. Since then (it's been about 10 + years) we have collected so many more. We have a Lego building table downstairs with two large drawers underneath in which we put color-coded plastic containers of bricks and they're full!

With so many bricks to choose from the boys can really let their imaginations run. I have saved the instructions but they are rarely ever used after the first build. They just like to see what they can come up with one their own. And I think they do a really good job of creating some cool stuff.

Soren has started making large ships, usually with missiles and guns and all sorts of fancy features. All the details are quite amazing. This particular ship was huge. I have no idea how he was holding it because every time I tried to move or pick it up it came apart…the wheels underneath were always falling off.

 A Soren original...
Unfortunately, the ship met its match in Miss Kami, who deconstructed it while Soren was at school one day. I'm glad we took pictures to remember it and who knows? Maybe he will want to remake it someday and the pictures will help him remember what he did.
That's quite the ship

He wants to send it to the Lego magazine...

No comments:

Post a Comment