Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Talk about Tuesday 10/16



He finally grew out of the little crib he's been in since his birth. Which was just supposed to be temporary anyway. When he was born, the seventh child, there just wasn't room anywhere in this house for a full sized crib. So we got by with a small one, but when we noticed that his head and his feet touched the ends of his crib, we decided it was time for something a bit bigger. Luckily, my friend had a spare toddler bed we could borrow for now, because there still is no room for another bed. Maybe when his oldest brother leaves home next year, we'll move him up to a big boy bed. For now, this works great!

7 comments:

  1. How sweet, I love watching kids sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious! My 5 year old has outgrown her toddler bed, and while there's plenty of room for a new bed, it's just not in the budget right now. So, we make do with what we have. As long as she is still happy and doesn't fall out of it too often then I try not to worry about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWW, sweet! We had a similar situation with our fourth child. She's two and still sleeping in the same porta crib she came home from the hospital to. We keep thinking about moving her to the toddler bed, but I just don't know if I'm ready for that! *tear
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, this is a fun milestone - esp when they figure out that there are invisible bars that keep them in bed throughout the night. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So precious! I remember not having much room when I grew up. 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and 9 kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just have to love it. My little guy turns two in November and we're getting him ready to make the switch too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute snuggly pillow! It's still up for debate about where our new baby will be sleeping. Probably in the girl's room for a few years. I'm going to feel sorry for him if he's a boy!

    ReplyDelete