Saturday, October 13, 2007

SHS-Oct 13 edition


That little sign at the foot of my bed really worked well. I only missed one day of morning prayers, (today)because I wasn't sleeping in my own bed last night. C and I had a mini vacation at the Hampton Inn to belatedly celebrate our 20th anniversary. Aug was just too busy to get away.

Anyway, I'm going to add:

STUDY TIME

to my list. In trying to implement the principles of TJEd into our home and life I need to be modeling what I want my kids to do. If I want them to be interested in studying, I need to be doing it first. I have a plan, I just need to schedule time to do it, which I haven't been doing. So I'm going to take an hour each afternoon to study for me!

7 comments:

  1. I love the TJEd principles. I started buying doubles of all our books so that I can read them at the same times as my kids. I have to read fast to keep up with my oldest. It makes it so much easier to converse with them about what they are reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The TJEd principles are great! Enjoy all the study time. This is a great habit to try and develop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love having permission to read! Do you think 5 hours a day of The Count of Monte Cristo is going overboard?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Studying anything is a great goal, even underwater basketweaving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is important to teach our kids by doing! hope you are having a SMART week and are enjoying the study time

    ReplyDelete