Saturday, October 20, 2007

Happy Birthday Snow!

Yah, it's my birthday today and what do I get? SNOW! Do I like snow? Not really. I like the look of it, it's the feel of it that chills me.

Seriously, I do like the first snow of the winter. It is always fun to sit at the window and watch the flakes fall gently down and, if we're lucky, watch them start to turn the ground white. I remember the first winter we were back in Utah after living in AZ for 8 years. The first snowfall was on a Sunday morning and I yelled to the kids to run to the window and look. I had four kids at the time and most of them had only seen snow 2 or 3 times, that they could remember. They were pretty excited. There was a little bit of excitement today as well. My 3rd boy and two oldest girls went out in it and played some football with a neighbor and got absolutely soaked. They came in smiling, with rosy cheeks and dripping hair, saying, "That was so much fun!"

I think I'll let them have that kind of fun. I'll stick to watching it out the front window, sitting right over the heater vent and wearing my favorite wool sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment