Saturday, October 20, 2007

Sort of SMART!

How did this week go? Last week's habit to work on Study Time for me got off to a pretty rocky start. I am much too easily pulled away by my kids and all the things going on in the house. Life, I guess you could call it. I need to actually put it on my schedule, and tell everyone that I have an appt. I think that's what I'll do this week.

I started homeschooling my girls this year and we started out pretty well, but with all the house stuff we've been working on, we have lost our consistency on our start time. So this week, my new habit to work on is to:
Stick to our morning routine and start time for school
No more computer time in the a.m. for me, no more fiddling around for the girls before we get started. It just throws the whole day off.

My habits:
Daily a.m. prayer ~ Still needs work, doing better though
Study Time ~ Make an appt for it and put it on the calendar, tell family I have appt.
Consistent start for school ~ remind girls of our routine and set example myself.

8 comments:

  1. I really want to start working on a schedule as my next project. At least on the days my husband's not home to throw us off. I also seem to let the kids pull me from one thing to the next. There is always something. A late night activity or one or another of us are sick, etc. If I could only get myself to bed at a decent hour consistently. Our day would start off so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny, we picked the same habit for this week. I am very much hoping that this habit works for me. Good luck, I can't wait to hear how it turns out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. We are also using the same blog template. Spooky!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you are scheduling your study time, that's a great idea. Hope the new school routine goes well this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We usually get started on time but I get sidetracked doing other things so it takes forever to get our school work done. I need to be a better example of sticking with at a task until it is completed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I need to do the same thing..Schedule my study time! Good idea! Hope it works well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh lala...This will be the next habit I try to tackle. It's a good one! The day really does seem to go better when school gets started on time. :D You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it is so easy to be distracted by the every day when trying to get studying done at home. i have to be out of the house more often than not if i want to get any serious study time in.

    i think it is a great idea to let your family know you have an appointment when you need to study. when i do have to study at home, i am always surprised by how much the kids are able to respect my time and space. i think it is a good example for the kids too.

    good luck and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete