Sunday, October 28, 2007

I've been on a winning streak!

This has been such an interesting year for me. Normally, I would not consider myself lucky when it comes to winning contests and things. In fact, I remember playing blackjack with my roomies and some friends when I was at college, using our spare change. I lost everything I had, everything I dug out of my car and all that my friends loaned to me, before I gave up. When I married my husband, I told him he better never take me to Vegas, cause I'm unlucky.

But this year, I have won prizes in four different blog contests. The first was on Wendy Anderson's blog and she gave away an awesome box of scrapbook supplies. The next was on Christy Tomlinson's blog and she gave me all the makings of a sweet little scrapbook. The last one I won was on Kristi Bennett's blog. I haven't received the prize yet, but I've seen pictures and it's a darling, handmade decor item. She's very crafty, hehe!

The biggest thing I've won, though, is a set of 5 organizing bags given away by Lara over at The Lazy Organizer. I've been wanting to post pics of them to show how I'm using them, but I keep changing what's in them. I guess that's the beauty of them, they are so totally usable and versatile. So I will post the pics I have now and tell you how much I'm loving them. So much, that I'm sure I'll be placing an order for some more in the near future. Thanks, Lara!

This is the BIG organizing bag. It's perfect for taking along a couple of diapers, wipes and books for a car trip or to church. I am SO glad to not be hauling around that huge diaper bag anymore.
This is that same bag, but it has my knitting in it, hopefully to keep little hands from pulling the needles out of the knitting and driving mother crazy.
This is the JUST RIGHT bag, holding the current book we are reading and writing materials to make notes. I like the vertical orientation of this bag!
This is the TEENY TINY bag and it is perfect for carrying around my plastic cards, stamps, cash and change in my purse. I like that it has a handle so I can quickly grab it out of my purse.
Currently, my makeup resides in the SMALL bag and the EXTRA LARGE bag holds some of my larger study materials. I'm sure I'll continue to use them in different ways, I'm still finding many other uses for them.

1 comment:

  1. You are a lucky girl! I'm glad to see you're enjoying the bags. Thanks for the fun photos!

    ReplyDelete