Monday, February 15, 2016

Ponderize January 2016

My ponderizing has gotten way off track since Christmas. I kept this scripture up on the fridge for a whole month. I started a new part time job in Jan which kind of threw me for a loop and it seems my brain was also preoccupied with Montana's upcoming wedding. I was going to replace it (the scripture, not my brain, although that might have been a good idea!) at one point but then realized that I would be studying that chapter in my Book of Mormon study I'm doing so I kept it up. 
I love the second chapter of 2nd Nephi! I love the truth in this verse. I think it's a truth the world has completely lost. Not that it was ever generally understood, but it seems as if everyone in the society I currently live in wants to be FREE. Which, to them, means free to do any thing, give in to any whim or thought or desire and also be free from the responsibility and consequences of their 'free' choices. They don't understand that exercising their agency in that manner will ultimately leave them in bondage and under the power of Satan. And they complain bitterly about how crappy their lives are and how there can be no God because of all the crap in their lives.  
If only freedom and liberty were concepts and principles understood and lived correctly, what a world it would be. We are free. God has given us agency and will not force our obedience. He also will not reward us for evil or bad choices. We will repent or we will pay the price for them ourselves. Is it not easier to just choose the Lord's way? Easier said than done, I know. That darn human factor makes it so much harder than it sounds. Thank heavens (literally!) for the Atonement of Jesus Christ and repentance.  
When I see the ultimate choice here in black and white, (or orange and green!) it's a no-brainer. Why would we deliberately choose to be in captivity and be miserable? (Shrug!) I surely don't know why anyone would CHOOSE that.

No comments:

Post a Comment