Monday, February 15, 2016

Long Sunday afternoons.....

We have such LONNNNNGGGGGG Sunday afternoons this year, since we have moved back to the 9-12 church schedule. Since we only have 2 wards in our building, we either go to church at 9 or 11. It's not as bad this year as it has been in the past, because there are no babies, and the kids are growing up and learning to entertain themselves better. Still, there needs to be alternatives to the 387,848th watching of 'The Best Two Years' or 'Baptists at Our Barbecue'! Here are a couple of things the kids have come up with.

playing 'Don't let the balloon touch the floor!" with a rubber glove balloon. :)



Even Dad got in on it. So did I, but since I was the photographer, there's no record of me playing. Hehe.

A mean game of Battleship. I think the littler boys finally have figured out how to play it correctly 
I always have good intentions of good things we should be doing on the Sabbath, but by the time I get home and we fix dinner and eat, I'm wiped out and have to take a nap before all the big kids start Facetiming us. We love seeing/talking to them, but it takes up a good chunk of time on Sunday evenings. I may have to start scheduling them ;) By the time all 9 are out on their own, I don't think we can talk to every one of them on Sunday evening unless we do a conference FaceTime or something. 1st world, large family problems!

No comments:

Post a Comment