Wednesday, February 17, 2016

My PT Sub job

When school started back after Christmas break I started a small part-time job subbing as a janitor at the high school. It's a semi-permanent sub job, at least through the end of this school year. So this is what I do every day of the week. I empty all the big trash cans in the hall, clean the fountains, clean all the entrance doors and sweep the halls. It's just 2 hours a day. It took me a while to figure out how it was going to work best for me, but what it has come to is that I do 1-1.25 hrs after school and then go in at about 6 in the morning and finish up. That way it doesn't interfere too much with family time and when I get up early and go in no one even misses me.
I've discovered that I like a job that allows me to work quietly. I put in my earphones and work away.
I like having the extra income. It has allowed me to get some things for the house/family that were needed but always at the bottom of the priority list, like new bathroom rugs. It also allows me to have a bit of money to spend without feeling guilty.
I was so sad when my vacation rental cleaning job ended and missed the extra money. This has been a nice blessing. Funny how Heavenly Father works things out for his children. Closes a door but opens another, if we can be patient and wait on His timing.
cleaning fountains every day….sometimes they only stay clean for 2 minutes.

This is my view every day…Lots of orange and black

I listen to Pandora most of the time. I like this station that plays music from my high school and college days. I also like the Adele station as well as listening to audio shows on the Mormon Channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment