Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Where did my baby go??

Well, it's official.....Soren is no longer a 'baby'. I took the buzzer to his lovely blonde hair today and he now looks like a little boy instead of a rugrat. It was hard to watch all that hair dropping away from his head, but it was time. I put him in his high chair, put my cape on him and proceeded to cut. He was amazingly still for me, I only had to distract him from the comb and scissors a couple of times. He looks so cute now, Jordan put a bit of hair goop in his hair and gave him a mini faux-hawk like his. I love how I can see his expressive eyes and eyebrows now.

He has also started saying 'Whoa!' all the time now. Whenever anything falls or he bumps into things or throws things, out it comes....."WHOA!"

And tonight he started winking his eyes at the girls at the dinner table unsolicited. SO ADORABLE!

I am amazed at how quickly a year in a child's life can fly by and how much I feel like I missed. I feel like the time is just literally slipping through my fingers like water. I try to hold on to it, but I can't. What a blessing this last year has been with Soren. I'm so thankful for the lessons I've learned along the way. I'm thankful to have had one more chance to enjoy the wonders of infancy and childhood, because I think I have a heightened sense of it's fleetingness and it's pricelessness. When I watch him I can't help but try to think back to all the other kids at his age and try to remember all the little details that are threatening to slip away. Hopefully I will find or make time to record these feelings and memories and emotions before they fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment