Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Midweek Madness

Whew, Wednesday's over. It has been a busy one. But a good one too. My friend Kristi, had an entry in her blog about good things. I thought it would be nice to try to really focus and come up with some good things that are happening in my life right now.

1-kids are doing well in school. Case in point, today C and M each came home from school with an engraved medal and a certificate for winning in their class spelling bees. C took 1st place and M took 2nd. They will now compete against each other and the other winners in the All School Spelling Bee. Happy Mom moment!

2-The window openings in our new dining room got framed in today. Just need to order windows now. We have picked them out, just have not put the order in for processing.

3-SJ is mostly sleeping through every night now. He's only 13 months old....it's about time. Now, I just need to make myself get to bed earlier and up earlier.

4-I have been pretty consistent in exercising. We updated our television service and we now have FitTV and I find that I like many of their workout programs and I can pick and choose so I don't get bored so quickly. And I like it better than going to a gym...Uck!

5-Got to have a nice quiet leisurely lunch by myself today. I got to spend 1 1/2 hours helping in SK's kindergarten class and then to wait til pick up time I went to Subway and ate. It was nearly 2 pm and the place was mostly empty. It was loverly.

6-Used my new Cricut machine to make a quick thank you note today. I love that little machine. I need to use it more often. Need to make some cute Valentine candy boxes for the kids to take to school.....

7-The inversion is gone for a day or two. It snowed last night and the gunk in the air is gone. It was absolutely heavenly today to see the blue sky, the mountains, the lake and sparkly snow everywhere.

8-J came home tonight and told me that he had just filled out his papers for his Eagle Scout project... I believe my jaw nearly hit the floor. I had given up on that one. I'm praying that his project gets approved.

9-Tried a new recipe tonight. I have never had chili Cincinnati style before. I had seen it before and thought it was strange, but for some reason when I saw it on the Betty Crocker website today it sounded like something to try. And I had all the ingredients. It was GOOD and I actually liked it and I'm happy to have another reason to make chili. Most of my kids liked it, even though it was just 'WEIRD' to them.

10-Used my new pressure cooker again. Got it for Christmas. Love that I can cook up a batch of beans in 1/2 hour. My mom always used her when I was growing up and I assumed I would have one when I grew up, but for some reason I have never had one til now. Guess that makes me a grown up now! LOL! But it is a really handy tool to have and so Thanks, MOM! I think it's one of the best gifts I've gotten.

That's it. Hope you had a GOOD day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment