Sunday, February 25, 2007

SMART Habit Saturday, a day late and a few goals short!

I wonder why I am bothering to even put this on the list. For the life of me I can't seem to remember to do anything. With the exception of eating, of course, which is the one thing I should forget to do.

Anyhoo here goes:

Exercise: only once this week. Just too many things that had to be done and exercise got pushed off.

Prayer: I think I need to invest in a boulder sized prayer rock so that I really stub my toe in the a.m. to remind me. What works for you???? I wonder if a large poster on my ceiling would help, or have my alarm play "Ere you left your room this morning".

Early to bed: stunk this one up well. C and I need to get on the same page on this one. He hasn't been feeling well and so is watching lots of TV and I have sort of either gotten stuck downstairs in front of the tube with him or upstairs on the computer waiting in vain for him to come up.

Oraganize 3 things: This is the only thing that I did do this week. I started organizing all my scrap embellishment stuff by color. Still need a couple of small drawer units to finish it up. But I did get rid of lots of stuff I'll never use.
I went through the hall/utility closet and organized it. Hung up a drawer unit, and separated out all the screws, nails, picture hanging stuff, outlet covers, etc. Then I put together a tool caddy, a gardening caddy and got rid of lots of cleaning supplies. I can actually get my vacuum in it easily now. I also finished up the bathroom closet, getting the 3 drawer unit in and getting it filled. Everything now has a designated spot and it will be so much easier to find what you're looking for there.

Hope this week is a better one for me and that its productive for you as well. I will be a work widow so this may sideline me again, since I will be doing all the school driving this week. But I'm not going to use that as an excuse to not even try.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you have better luck this week! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a great week. Look at all the organizing you got done!

    I had a hard time remembering my morning prayers beause half the time my husband is still in bed when I get up. I finally put a big pillow in my office to kneel on and that has helped. Although I still get caught up in the morning rush sometimes. Today I didn't say my morning prayer until noon but it still counts right!

    See you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe when Spring gets here we will feel a little more motivated :)!! Keep at it, though, I know you are making some positive changes.

    Praying in the morning is a hard thing to remember, but once you get in the habit it because an essential part of your routine. I normally pray first thing after getting out of bed. This habit was made for me in college when I saw my roommate of 3 years do it dutifully every morning.

    ReplyDelete