Monday, February 19, 2007

What's a mother to do?

Well, it happened.

My first baby went and turned 18 yesterday. Without my permission.

What a strange thing to say and think about. I absolutely can't believe how quickly 18 years can go by. I don't feel much older than that myself. Of course, I am reminded of the fallacy of that thought every time I look in the mirror. I made him pick out what he wanted for supper and made him a cake. We got him some new clothes which of course weren't the right thing. I have hopes of him someday wearing his pants at the proper altitude.

We ate our supper of Chicken Parmigiana and salad, cleaned up and waited around for the party to begin. After my sis and her family and J's friend T came over, we lit the candles, sang to him and made him blow out the candles. I told him it was the last time we would make him do it. It was a very low key birthday, but it was so nice to have family and friends here to help celebrate this special day in a special young man's life. He is really a good young man, with great potential. I'm looking forward to seeing what the next 18 years bring with him. Love ya, J!

1 comment:

  1. awwww...they grow up too darn fast. Happy birthday to your grown boy.He'll figure out the pants thing soon enough. :o)

    ReplyDelete