Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Whew, it's nearly over

Last school holiday party down for this year for me as the holiday room mother. Why, oh why, do I get myself into these things? Actually, it hasn't been bad being the room mom for an upper grade class. The kids are really easy to please and don't have to have tons of structured activities. They have always been really wonderful about participating in the activities and thankful for the treats. They are just plain fun, too!
C got to see that for himself today because they needed an additional driver for their field trip up to the Capitol to see the legislative process at work. He got to drive a carload of boys up and back. Good thing he's great with kids and is a Scoutmaster. He has no trouble having fun with them, but being firm, too.

So, after all the 'stuff' I've had on my mind for the past couple of days, I came home from school and literally crashed, taking a much needed nap, and I let 5 Buck Pizza cook for us tonight. Heart shaped pizzas, kind of fun! I think I am just mentally exhausted. I still have more to do, now it's on to the baby shower invites(70) for my SIL and I get to cut out 5 cardboard goats for H's class's Heidi celebration next week.

So, again, I say Whew! Just to catch my breath and dive back in!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day, Kassie!!

    How fun to get heart shaped pizzas-that's awesome that they do that!

    I know it is always a lot of work to get involved with the kids' schools, but I think it is so worth it. Someday they will remember that you did that with/for them.

    ReplyDelete