Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year, and New Me, Hopefully!

Yah, it's Jan 2 and I'm still excited for this new year. I have so many plans and my major goal this year is to EXECUTE them. Not kill them (which is what I usually do), but actually put them into motion or practice.

So yesterday to start I ran to Kmart and bought some plastic containers and then revamped the game portion of the hall closet. Put all the game pieces into the containers and got rid of all the bozes that were falling apart and were different sizes. Now everthing stacks nicely and we went from 3 shelves to two. Job well done, I'd say. Now I just need to label the containers.

I'm going to jump in with Lara on the SMART Saturdays.
I loved the quote used by An Ordinary Mom on her blog(which link you can find on Lara's SMART Saturday post) and so I am going to break down the things I want to work on based on those same areas.

Intellectual/mental:My goal here this year is to learn new skills that would be useful in the case of major disaster and the collapse of our current way of life. Things I would need to know if we had to live off the land and totally provide for all our needs to survive. I had to give a talk in Sacrament meeting last month and that was the idea that really came to me. I need to 'store up' my skills as well as food. Some of the things I want to learn about and practice are: cheesemaking-ricotta and mozzarella, pressure canning, gardening(better) and I'm sure I will come up with more.

Physical: nothing new here, try to lose a few #s and exercise. But I have a plan and support now. My mom and sisters and I are doing WW together and we all want to do the 5K in Monticello on the 24th of July. I want to run it and I have time to train, but I will settle for walking it if that's all I can do.

Social/Creative: My goal here is to actually set aside time to work on my many scrapbook projects. Mostly I want to finish up my Ancestor album so my kids can actually look at it and start to make those connections. Other projects include my baby album, and my wedding album. I also want to find time to finish up the class I paid for from BPS that Stacy Julian taught.

Spiritual: Nothing new here either. I need to devote a specific time to read and study and pray. Now that Soren is a bit older I think I can find some consistent time to do this. Can't claim sleep deprivation any longer. I'm thinking 6:30 will be a good time for me to do this.

I also want to try to have a date with one of my children each month. And encourage their dad to do the same. They really need that one on one time since it's so hard to come by at home.

We had a really nice, lo-key Christmas. I didn't even take very many pictures and don't feel bad about that. It's nice to have it over with and get the living room back. Thanks to my DH for putting all that stuff away while the kids and I were at my moms. We had a fun time at my sister's for an early New Year's celebration on Fri. So fun to spend time with all of my sisters and their families. Thanks to my sister and her hubby for hosting again this year.

We also got the walls up on the addition and covered with plywood. We need to order windows and trusses. It's actually happening, almost can't believe it.

And we got the phone call today saying we can pick up our new living room furniture tomorrow. Hooray! It's only been 6 1/2 weeks since we ordered it. Yahoo! now I can put my room together and hang all the decor back up.....

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining me Kassie! It looks like you're having an exciting New Year already. New furniture and an addition, that is so fun!

    You are so funny. Try not to kill your goals this year!

    Way to go with your new organized game closet. I love getting rid of boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals! I love how you want to "store up" your skills as well as your food. That is something I need to work on, too.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason my comments aren't showing up on your blog. I'm going to watch and see if this one works!

    ReplyDelete