Monday, January 22, 2007

Short weekend

I am really starting to dislike the weeks that my kids have school on Friday, it makes the weekend seem so much shorter and I actually forgot to wash their uniforms so they had to scrounge to find things this morning for school. Loser mom!

We did have a fun evening on Sat. My in-laws are in town and we all went bowling and then had pizza, salad, fruit and goodies afterwards. It's always nice to get together and catch up. I have never bowled so badly in my entire life.....not even when I was learning how. I just wasn't into it, I guess, so I'm not really bothered by my low score. It was just weird to see such a low score.

The other 8th grade teacher quit last week, so all his class will be joining Montana's class now. 27 students. I hope that things transition well. We also received notice that the school is planning to have a 9th grade class next year and we've been trying to determine whether we want to go that route or not. We need to get Montana's input....I'm leaning to not doing it because in Provo School district, 9th grade is in high school and I'd like him to start at Timpview with all the other kids his age.....that and having one less kid at AHS would help the budget. We'll see what he thinks.

Our family has started a push to work on being kinder and just improving all areas of our lives. So last night at FHE,(had early since C had to go to Elko)we decided to focus this week on getting to bed on time and getting enough good sleep so we can be in a better mood each day and feel better instead of so tired all the time...I understand the logic, but sometimes that's the only time I get any quiet time, and sometimes I really need that. Guess I'll give it a shot, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment