Tuesday, December 17, 2013

My attempt to become a THM*

I can't believe I'm actually allowing this picture to be seen. It's frightening.
For years I have watched my weight slowly but steadily creep up to numbers I had never seen unless I was pregnant. No matter what I did I couldn't drop any weight unless I exercised like a fiend, (not something I could keep up for more than a day) and/or starved myself.
I had reached a point where I had just accepted that I would never be thin again and I was trying to not be sad about it. 
In August as I was reading through blogs the name of a book kept popping up. Trim Healthy Mama. I had never heard if it but I was intrigued. I looked at the website for the book and googled it to see what I could find about it. I found that a couple of people I know of from other things (DYT) were having success with it. I joined the FB page and started learning as much that way as I could. When I got a paycheck I bought the ebook. I printed it out, all 650 pages, and began reading.
As I was able to, I bought the things necessary to eat sugar-free and lo-carb. I have been loosely following it since the first weekend in Nov and to date I've lost 8 lbs, and an average of an inch off all my measurements. I started at 174.2 and today I weighed in at 166.
And I've done it by simply not combining my fuel sources at meals. I either eat meals that are most fat fueled or mostly carbohydrate fueled. I have exercised a bit but not more than 20 minutes/3 days a week. And I never feel deprived or hungry. 
To say I'm happy would be putting it mildly. I feel so liberated to have found a way to reduce when weight creeps on and how to maintain a loss for more than a month. I no longer have that sad feeling that it's inevitable that I'll be chubby for the rest of my life. I know I can be trim and healthy. I'm so thankful for this information that I believe I was led to. I believe it was an answer to my silent prayers about my health and weight!
another nasty 'before picture'
I hope to have some nice after pictures one day soon.
the 'strange' things i ordered from Swanson vitamins to get me going.
Whey protein powder, Apple Cider Vinegar, Glucomannon, Psyllium powder,
Milk Thistle capsules, Rooibos tea packets
What in the world?????

This was the first time I made 'Good Girl Moonshine"
It's a tangy drink made from Apple Cider Vinegar, ginger, stevia and lots of water and ice.
I wasn't sure about it the first time I tried it, but Charles slurped it right down.
Trim Healthy Pancakes with Raspberry sauce. YUM!!
Good things:
Watching and listening to my girls in their band and choir concert
No one has thrown up in almost 24 hours
A large washer that can handle tons of bedding

No comments:

Post a Comment