Saturday, August 31, 2013

Our new grade school...

One thing we did pretty consistently over the summer is check out the progress on our new elementary school. It is scheduled to be completed by next year and ready for kids on the first day of school, August 2014!

When we moved here I was excited thinking that some of my children would go to the same schools I went to when I was growing up here. In a small town things don't often change much.
But the old school had lots of maintenance issues and it was so costly to keep fixing things that the district decided to replace it with a brand spanking new one! It's being built on the same property but its set back off the road further so it's actually being built behind the old school. The kids and community can watch the building of it every day. We are excited to have a new, modern school with all the bells and whistles.

Good things:
B Fridays, no one has to be to school early...
Watching my kids participate in their respective sports...
Mission farewells for my nephews and nieces...


No comments:

Post a Comment