Sunday, August 04, 2013

Midday getaway...

looking across to the towers on Abajo Peak.  11,000 ft.
Summer in the Abajos. Best time of the year to be here. Curtis and I finally got away for a couple of hours and took the four wheeler ride I've been longing for. We drove up to the saddle again and on down the other side a ways. We wanted to see if the rain had brought out any more flowers and we were not disappointed! We took Subway sandwiches with us and had a little picnic at the Robertson Pasture trailhead. We had beautiful views, a nice lunch, and good conversation uninterrupted by kids. Win!
I think this needs to happen more often.
The beautiful wildflowers in an alpine meadow.

Robertson Pasture Trailhead. We had to race the rain back down the mt.
More wildflowers.
Oh, how I love going up the mt and getting into the cool aspens.
We have two four-wheelers but it's hard to have a conversation if I ride my own,
so I choose to ride with Curtis.  Not a hard choice!

Good Things:
A date with my sweetheart!
Beating the rainclouds to Monticello. Barely!
Being 5 minutes from the mts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment