Friday, August 02, 2013

Hamburger Rock

On this summer day I wanted to do something on our bucket list, to get out of the regular routine at home. I looked toward the mountains but the clouds up there discouraged me. Then I looked just to the north of the mountains and realized that clouds in that direction meant a good day to go to Canyonlands. So we quickly packed ourselves a picnic lunch of sorts and headed north. We decided to check out Hamburger Rock. I remember playing here a couple of times when I was a kid and thought that my kids would have a blast. It has changed a little, nicer picnic areas and a vault toilet, but the easy-to-climb-on rocks are still the same. We spent a couple of hours climbing, running and jumping before heading back up the mountain to home.
James, Soren, Sadie(hiding-surprise!), and Charles eating turkey, cheese, bread and veggies.

An easy place to climb on...

"This spot is just right for me!"-Soren

"King? of the World!"-Sadie

You want me to crawl in there?-James

"Think I'll just stand."

Sadie was a good help with the boys..keeping James in sight

Whether James wanted the help or not!

Sitting on the top with the Abajos in the background.

Sadie and James

Soren found his own rock

Running across the top as far as they can

a bit of shade is nice when the sun comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment