Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Crispy Almonds

 Well, I finally had some success with a recipe from the Nourishing Traditions book. Of course, it was one of the hardest recipes in the book. HaHa. I have been purchasing large bags of almonds from Sam's Club to have available as snacks. After reading NT, I worried that perhaps they weren't as healthy a snack as I had hoped. So I decided to try soaking and drying them.
 The 4 C almonds are simply soaked overnight in a mixture of purified water and a TBsp sea salt.
 Then, they are drained and dried in a dryer or oven set on a low setting til they are dry and crisp. 
They are delicious. They can be a bit squeaky, which the kids think is fun. This recipe is a keeper for our family. I store them in this cute jar and I've been amazed that they have lasted as long as they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment