Saturday, May 05, 2012

Another T2 look

This was an outfit I wore last week sometime. I really liked the subtle tone differences in the shirt, cardigan and flower. 
The shirt is taupe, sort of purplish brown/gray. Got it at our local thrift store for $2. It flows nicely, almost has a silky feel. I believe it's rayon. 
The cardigan came from Down East last summer. I love the soft lavender color and it's very lightweight. The only thing I've decided I don't love about it is the hanging open factor. For some reason I just don't like those ends flapping as I walk. So I tie them loosely and get that draping quality in the front. I've debated trimming them into a more rounded shape rather than how angular they are now. Perhaps that would make it more comfortable for me to wear. 
The flower I got at our local scrapbook supply store and attached a hairclip to it. It is also a taupe, but a more brownish version. 
The dark jeans are some Old Navy jeans I got at the DYT store in Jan. I love them and the subtle details on them. No bling on my backside.
I have on a silver necklace with personalized charms to honor my mom and her battle with cancer and my dad who passed away in Dec. I know the circular shapes aren't just right, but because of it's sentimental value and it connecting me to my parents I wear it every day anyway. I also have on a pair of oval lacy silver earrings from Wallyworld. Very lightweight. Love them.
This is my natural hair color. I have finally gotten rid of the highlights I had put in a year ago to 'brighten' myself up. I finally, for the first time in my life, like my natural hair color and am finding ways to wear it that are soft, flowy and comfortable. No more helmet hair! 

2 comments: