Friday, May 18, 2012

Can I really grow wolfberries?

Because I'm a wannabe gardener/farmer I sometimes read Countryside or Backwoods Home magazines. Last year I read about wolfberries, more commonly known as Goji berries. I decided that I was going to try to collect some seed and plant them to see if I can get them to grow here. 
When I went north in April to DYT Club Night, I stopped at Real Foods Market and found a bag of dried Goji Berries. Apparently that's the best way to get seed for growing them. Following the directions in the article I read, I soaked some berries overnight and the next day I squished the tiny seeds out of them. I should have put something in that picture for comparison's sake. But they are tiny, about the size of a pinhead. 
After letting them dry for a few days I planted them.  Hope this works!

No comments:

Post a Comment