Thursday, January 03, 2008

Here We Go!

Jump in, buckle up and hang on! 2008 is off and running.

As I get older I can't believe how quickly time goes by. There are so many things I want to do/see/read/experience and it feels like there just isn't time to do it all. So I'm really looking forward to 2008 to see what it brings to me and my family. I have a few 'resolutions/goals' that I'd like to work on. Most of them are just continuations of last year, but I feel very strongly that they are still important and that I need to continue to work on them. I'm trying to find ways to incorporate them into our homeschooling venture.

Speaking of homeschooling, I attended a co-op meeting and a parent support meeting last night. There are about 6 families in this co-op and it looks to be fun and interesting if not a bit hectic. I think we may have bigger plans than we have time allotted for, but we will see how it goes. I will be leading two book discussion groups, one with 10 yo and under and one with 11 yo and up. Yikes, I'm a bit nervous about that, but at least I'm not doing the science class and dissecting things.

At the second meeting got to hear some more from Donna Goff about TJEd and her experiences with it. She has been doing it with her children for nearly 14 years and has much to share. I have learned so much from reading her posts on MOO and her newsletter, Epiphanal Living, and from speaking with her personally. She is so willing to share and listen.

The boys went back to school today. I'm not sure they were ready, I know I wasn't. I remember when I used to think the Christmas vacation was way too long and now it's way too short. I find the shift in my thinking so amazing. I used to have that attitude that the world/society pushes on us; that having the kids around was a hassle and a burden and inconvenient. Since I made the decision to homeschool and have been doing it, I LOVE having my kids around and if I had my way they'd all just stay home and we'd just be together. I know they need the interaction with other people, (hence the co-op), but in my mind's eye, that would be my ideal.

J went down to Monticello two days ago to get his dental check up for his mission paperwork. I can't believe we are really at this point in his life. . . . . in my life! Again, time is just going by way too fast. He has a dr. appt on Monday and then we should be able to get it all submitted and wait for the call!

Good News of the Day: We got our Durango back! It's been in the shop for almost 2 months. It had to have a new transmission. That was a hefty bill, but it's nice to have it in working order again.

1 comment: