Monday, January 14, 2008

Time.....

I've been thinking about it alot lately.

How there's never enough of it in a day.

And yet, sometimes there's way too much of it.(waiting for a dr. appt, anyone)

I have always had a problem making the best use of it. I tend to fritter it away and wonder why I never get anything done. Or overschedule myself and wonder why I'm so frazzled.

For the last couple of weeks, I've been trying to revamp my daily schedule. Over the Christmas break we all got in a really BAD habit of staying up really late and sleeping in really late. It's been hard to get back to the normal schedule. Thankfully, the boys who have to be up and out of the house at a certain time are doing well getting themselves up and going and if it's our turn to drive, one of the licensed drivers in this house drags him or herself out of bed and drives. But if there's nowhere we have to be. . . . . .yah, you guessed it, we stagger out to the living room for morning prayer and stagger back to bed for a few more winks. If C or I are feeling particularly energetic we might head down to the treadmill for a rousing walk/run staring into the corner.
This just has thrown off our whole daily home/school schedule.

MUST

CHANGE

IT!!

I've been reading a couple of different books/articles written by some homeschooling mothers, trying to glean from them the things that I think would work in our home and family. It's exhausting! There are so many good ideas out there and I'm willing to try many of them, but is anyone else in this house?????? Not very happily. I think they're happy with the status quo.

Won't it be a surprise to them when I post the new schedule?

No comments:

Post a Comment