Saturday, December 29, 2007

We Survived!

Whew!!!!!!!!!!!

We made it through another Christmas!

Everyone had a good time and no one complained about what they got or didn't get. It was a little strange for J this year. Not much for him to open since there just wasn't any point to getting him things that he would just have to box up in a couple of months and store for two years. And since he hasn't put in his papers yet and we have no idea where he will be serving, we couldn't even get him things he will need soon. So cash it was. The other kids enjoyed opening their gifts, but I think the best thing was watching S opening his gifts. He still doesn't really understand what Christmas is all about, but he liked tearing the paper and playing with the toys he got. Guess he'll get to go through all that again, next week when he turns two.

We have had a relaxing week, nothing much going on, just hanging out at home together. We did take the kids and go bowling on Wed. J bowled his best game ever, 171. He really had his work cut out for him since his 13 yo girl cousin was breathing down his neck with a 153. Fun to watch them all interact and play.

I've been busy today trying to determine what to do with Singing time tomorrow. My brain hurts from thinking and pondering it and reading a bunch of ideas online.....OUCH! But I think what I have planned will be lots of fun. I hope the kids enjoy it. The learning curve for this calling is pretty steep, especially when a person has very little music experience and/or Primary experience. I haven't taught Primary for 18 years. I've been in Nursery and been an Activity Days leader, but haven't been in Sharing and Singing time for 18 years except for a few times when I've substituted. So much to learn!

Also been busy doing more reading to plan for the resuming of studying and learning at home, more TJEd info study and C and I have also been refining our plans for our addition, which now has a deadline to be finished. Hallelujah! We have about 90 days. Of course, the actual replacement of cabinets and such won't probably be done, but the rooms will be liveable and we can get the kids moved downstairs into their new room. Can't wait to have all that space in the new dining room. I'll post pictures as it comes together.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kassie!!

    Glad you guys had a good Christmas! I can't beleive your baby is almost 2- where does the time go!

    And I am so impressed with your son giving up carbonation for a year. I am contemplating what in my life I could make such a committment to for a year.

    I am sure you will do AWESOME at singing time! I think the key is to get the kids moving and be as interactive as possible.

    ReplyDelete