Friday, May 16, 2008

Update

Argh! End of year stuff drives me nuts! 
  ~Last Friday we were able to go to the temple with Jordan in preparation for his mission.
SWEET experience.
I've thought for years about how it would be to go with my child and it exceeded my thoughts. It has finally hit me that he is really leaving for 2 years. I didn't think I'd get all choked up about it, but I'm sure I'll be a blubberer when we drop him off next Wed. 
  ~Got to attend Lauren's wedding on Sat. Another fantastic experience, since my son was able to go with us and see what a temple wedding is like. It's always fun to have family in town and of course we had to get together to talk and eat way too much, as usual.
~Our newest niece, Emma, was born on Tues morning, just after her grandparents flew home. This is beginning to be a pattern, as that's what happened when I had my youngest. They had been here for two weeks at Christmas and I had my baby the day after they left. Oh, well. We're happy that our new niece is here safely, mom and baby are doing well.
~Got the Mother's Day song for Sacrament meeting over with. I spaced it off and we only had two weeks to practice. It was a mix of two different songs so it was a bit for the kids to learn, but they did great. We were even in our new chapel and we had a different pianist and it still came off. Whew! I had a nice Mother's Day. There were lots of leftovers from the wedding luncheon the day before so we ate those for lunch on Sunday and I got a nice nap. What more could a girl ask for than to not have to cook and to get a nap in? Cambria got me a darling little figurine of a mother and daughter that says 'Forever My Mother, Forever My Friend'. That really touched me because she and I have our days!
~It finally feels like spring here and we have loved being outside more this week. Yesterday I took the girls to Bicentennial Park and we had a great time looking at the wildlife: ducks, butterflies, dragonflies, birds and we walked on the boardwalk through the wetlands and learned about why wetlands are important and what purpose they serve. I think we will go back often until the mosquitoes come out in full force. The girls have worked really hard this week and have added lots of corn to the corn jar. It will be full soon and we will then have a new trampoline in our backyard! 
~Tonight is the 8th grade's production of 'Much Ado About Nothing'. They have been performing 1 act all week during school and tonight they will do the entire play for the public. I'm looking forward to watching the play, but we will all be glad to have it done. Only one more week of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment