Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I am officially a Missionary Mom!

Well, we did it! Finally got all his stuff put together to take, all his other stuff boxed up to store, fed him well, and put him in the MTC. I have been through that experience once before, when Curtis and I went with his brother, Nathan, when he left for his mission to Chile. Let me tell you, it's a lot more emotional when you're there as the mom rather than just a Sister-In-Law. I really didn't want to cry, I didn't even take any Kleenex. But, I did. I guess I wasn't ashamed to let my tears roll down my face for all to see. I'm going to miss him a lot, but I'm so happy that now he's moving on, with a purpose to his life. He's been in such a limboland, playing the waiting game for months now. I'm excited for all the experiences he will have and the spiritual growth he will have. He was quiet and pensive, but he said he wasn't really scared or nervous. He said it wasn't nearly as bad as it would be if he were leaving the country. He didn't cry much, that I could see, (which wasn't much cause I was crying) He's going to be a GREAT MISSIONARY!

1 comment:

  1. What an exciting time! He'll do great, he's had great parents to raise him!

    ReplyDelete