Tuesday, May 27, 2008

He's Alive!

It's so weird to not hear from your son for 6 days! Nothing, no email, no letter, nada.

I had to go with the 'No news is good news' theory on this one. I figured if he was not doing well, they would certainly let us know.

Today, a lovely little white envelope showed up in our mailbox. It was short and sweet, though.
He says he's doing quite well, learning a lot, (quickly and efficiently were his words) and that he likes his companion who is anxious to serve.

After years of seeing his face every day or at least being able to call him or email or text him when he was out of town, this has been really difficult. There are so many things I keep wanting to ask him.

Like: "How in the world do I unlock the screen on your(now my) Ipod so I can use the blasted thing?"
"What do you want me to do with all the clothes you left hanging in the laundry room and in your hamper?"
"HOW ARE YOU DOING TODAY?"
I miss him. . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment