Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Spring Break Fun 2016 - Shooting

We decided to end our Spring Break with a BANG! After we got back home from Hannah's orthodontic appointment, we headed up to the shooting range to have a little fun.

We took along empty soda cans and a few shaving cream cans. As well as some equipment to shoot them with. ;)
 
Everyone went out onto the range to set up targets...
 
…those poor little cans were so scared they kept tipping themselves over trying to hide…
Oh, wait! That was just the gusty, ever present wind!
it was hard for a few of the little people to wait for Dad to get everything set up...

James got impatient and then a bit miffed and went and sat in the car and didn't participate. Silly boy!

Soren, Cambria, Hannah, Sadie


Charlie wanted to shoot something besides a BB gun, but it was too heavy for him to hold up straight, so Dad had to help out...

looks like James finally got out of the car.
Dad got out the big, loud gun….Cover your ears!!

I wasn't going to shoot, I like taking pictures of everyone else better, but decided that I need to be part of the action instead of just documenting it. So I took my turn on the big gun. HOLY COW! That thing kicks and is so loud.  I had a hard time shooting into the sunlight, my vision is not what it used to be. (not that it was ever very good.) But I participated. (Patting myself on the back) 

It's kind of silly that we don't do this more often, since the range is literally 1-2 minutes from our house. I guess the cost of the ammo is a factor…8 people shooting guns can go through a lot of bullets pretty fast. But Dad said that it's something he'd like to do more often since it's such a quick and easy thing our family can do on the spur of the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment