Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Curtis and I get away

Last weekend, before Spring Break, Curtis and I had planned to take Ford, Shiala and Kami up to Orem to pick up their car that was up there being repaired. So on Friday evening we picked them up and headed north. We had not even gotten to Moab when Ford got a message from the mechanic that said they weren't able to have it ready for pick up yet, due to some problems with parts. So......
The crew in the back seat! Poor Kami was almost asleep at this point. 

The sunset, unfiltered, in Moab from the parking lot of the restaurant.
We stopped in Moab and decided to eat while we figured out what to do next. We had some yummy food at The Branding Iron and made arrangements for Cambria to drive to Wilson Arch to meet us and take them back to Monticello. Curtis and I had already reserved our hotel rooms so we decided to take the weekend and go anyway.

Shiala trying to decide what to order...so many yummy choices :)
Cute girl!
We got to Provo late and just enjoyed our weekend. We had no plans, Curtis just said I could do what I wanted and he would tag along, since I usually don't get to browse/shop when all the kids are in tow. I dragged him through Tai Pan Trading Co, where I found an awesome aqua blue cupcake stand and some fake lemons to put on it in my gray, aqua and yellow kitchen! I then also dragged him through Hobby Lobby and to the Wood Connection where I purchased a couple of items to paint.

On Saturday, we drove up to Riverton area to meet up with Jordan, Lindsey and Emerson who had come down to see Lindsey's sister's new baby. We met them at The Olive Garden and had a yummy dinner. It was very busy. Everywhere was busy. I'm thankful to be out of that rat race!

Emerson was having a good time poking at this little computer thing on the table...

On Sunday we went to Church with Nicole's family and spent the day with them. They are always so good to let us spend time with them. On Monday, we did a bit of Sam's Club shopping and then headed home. We stopped at Zupas in Spanish Fork for lunch before heading into the canyon. I was able to get my favorite salad and sandwich and chocolate-dipped strawberry! I love the Nuts About Berries salad and the Turkey Artichoke sandwich. Yummmm. Curtis was generous enough to also give me his strawberry. ;)

De-lish!

I'm sorry our plan to help Ford and Shiala out didn't work out, but I'm glad we were still able to go and enjoy our weekend. I love that my hubby is also my bestest friend and there is no one in the world I would rather spend time with than him. I'm thankful that after many long years of little kids in the house, I now have some old enough to take care of everyone and we can sneak away once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment