Sunday, November 16, 2014

'School' for James

I decided to do a little preschool with James this year since he and I would have one-on-one time in the afternoons. I found a fun little curriculum at Brightly Beaming. It focuses on learning the letters, shapes, colors, numbers, etc. Sometimes it's been hit and miss, like when apple-processing took over my life, but we have had fun with it. James really likes the number learning because he gets to stick the correct number of stickers on the number pages and he likes the number matching game I made for him. He is doing well with learning the names of the letters and how to write them. He is particularly fond of A and H. Down, down, over! He has gone from demanding that I color his letters and pictures to happily doing his own.
I love this little guy and his quick mind. I have to persuade him to participate at times, but when he finally does, we always have a good time together.....

learning about 'squares' by making square cookies
practicing writing B in rice

we have a little poster that we put all the week's information on as we learn about it. 

James was standing on a stool with a flashlight, turning around to be a 'lighthouse' (not very happily)

learning about stars...did you know there's a star in every apple?...
Good Things:
people willing to share their ideas and hard work 
solo time with James

No comments:

Post a Comment