Thursday, May 03, 2007

Hey, it's May!

Wow, time flies when you're having...............fun? Is that what I've been having? I wouldn't classify it as fun, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.

For some reason the last two months of school always find me scrambling trying to keep up. There are so many projects due and papers due and activities to wrap up the year, and by the time the end of May comes I am WASTED, EXHAUSTED, DEAD!! This year is no exception. We've been pushing J to finish up his district packets and online course so he can graduate. I think he squeaked those in under the wire at the last minute. Then there were two required science fair projects this year. F has a big research paper type thing due tomorrow and I know he's not close to being done. I've been sewing and altering costumes for the Shakespeare play that the 8th graders are doing this year. They are doing 12th Night. M has the part of a sea captain, Antonio. He is supposed to have a sword fight, but there is talk of cutting that out and he is hoping they don't do that. That was what was most exciting for him. This week is Teacher Appreciation Week and I have been in charge of that for F's class. I have one more thing to put together for tomorrow and then that will be done. Hooray! And last but not least, I had to make my VT calls. I am learning how important it is to call your VT supervisor after doing your visiting teaching, since I find I'm having to do lots of chasing down of people to get their report. This is a particularly hard time of year with all the students moving and not calling their report in before they go. But it's done too.

The next things on my to-do list are making a couple of costumes for the girls for Shakespeare week, F too I guess, and getting pictures of J so we can make some graduation announcements.

At this point I am just trying to keep my head above water. Anyone who knows me knows that I can't stand to get water up my nose, which is why I only learned to put my face in the water without nose plugs at the age of 28 and that was for about 2 seconds. Hate that drowning feeling and I hate this one too! But this will pass.

On a brighter note, my FIL came by yesterday, in town for a few days, and framed the wall between my new dining room and mud room for me. It is so fun to be able to step out into that room and really be able to visualize the space and how it's all going to fit. So nice of him.

C is in Monticello today for a picnit for George Wythe College. They are in the process of trying to move their campus from Cedar City to Monticello. The land they have has been donated and purchased and it's on land that my father used to own. It's really such a coincidence, because C has wanted to attend that school for over 2 years now and when my parents told me that it was moving to Monticello I just chuckled. They had no idea that we had any knowledge of it. I'm really hoping that now the possibility for him to attend will open up and for our kids too. I am amazed at the 'education' they offer. Hope they have good weather for the picnic today.

No comments:

Post a Comment