Thursday, May 10, 2007

An end...

I believe I have nursed Soren for the last time. I didn't nurse him at all yesterday or today and I think it's a good time to just let it go. He seems to be doing fine without it, in fact, I think I may miss it more than he does.

I have savored all those moments in the last 16 months that we spent together. I loved looking into his bright blue eyes when he was just a tiny baby and so dependent on me. I loved that it was time spent with just the two of us. In a busy household, it was a haven of quiet and peace. I still love looking into his bright blue eyes, but usually he is so eager to be off to new adventures that he rarely stares back.

I will miss this time with him.

However, I love watching him grow and achieve new things. Some of his latest tricks are walking(not scooting backwards) down the steps, climbing into his high chair alone, playing catch with anyone who will play, doing pattycake with his 'Tigey', jumping on the trampoline and wadding up any loose piece of paper he finds and throwing it in the trash. You can almost see the little wheels turning in his mind, it's so busy learning and comprehending new things. He is turning into quite a ham! Anything for a laugh, and with 3 giggly sisters, that is just about anything he does.

On to bigger and better things my little one. Love ya, Soren!

2 comments:

  1. Wow 16 months! Mine all seem to be done with me at about 13 months. . .which is why another one comes along nine months later. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...they grow too fast. I was sad when I was done nursing my last baby because i knew I'd never do it again. It was such a special bond, so I know how you're feeling. It will be fun to watch his new adventures as he grows.

    ReplyDelete