Sunday, April 22, 2007

Back to the Grind!

Well, Spring Break is over. It went by just a bit too fast for my liking. I could so get used to not making that drive to A.F. every day. I'm really looking forward to the end of school this year.

We puttered around for the first two days of break, doing some yardwork for Great-Grandma Y and visiting with family. Grandma Welch was in town from GA to help Aunt N with her new twin boys. Tuesday we took most of the kids and went to the matinee of Meet the Robinson's in 3D. It was such a fun little movie with a good message and the 3D part made it extra fun! I'm sure we all looked so COOL(ie:dorky) in our 3D glasses. Wednesday I took the 5 youngest kiddos and headed south! Stayed at my parents house til yesterday and then reluctantly made the drive home. Unfortunately the weather really didn't cooperate with us for doing any out of doors activities while we were there. It was either too windy, cold or rainy/snowy. So we made the best of it and played with cousins and just hung out at Grandma's house. I always love going home even if we don't have anything 'special' planned. For me, just getting out of the city and being with my sisters and parents is a treat. I know that it can be overwhelming when my hoarde and I descend upon them all, but I appreciate how readily they take us in. Thanks, Mom and Dad! Love ya!

Due to the nature of my travels this week, I did not make much progress on my habits. So I'm rewinding to last week again. I really did take my exercise clothing with me and was hoping to walk there every day, but the weather just was not nice enough for me! What can I say, I'm a wimp!

I am also going to add a new habit this week that I thought of on my drive home last night. I have not taken the time to play the piano for such a long time. So I'm going to add playing the piano for at least 10 minutes a day. Practice up on the hymns again. I love playing the piano, and although I cannot play to accompany anyone(I freeze up!), I love to play for my own enjoyment and I find it very therapeutic. If I'm bothered by my kids, I can sit at the piano and before long the thumping and banging changes to lovely peaceful hymns. I can't believe I didn't think of this before.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Playing the piano is very therapeutic for me too. I might need to 'steal' your habit sometime in the future. It's been a while since I've just played for the mere enjoyment of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being with family is my favorite thing to do. There is truly nothing better. The Piano is a wonderful thing...good luck!

    ReplyDelete