Sunday, May 06, 2007

Ack! Where does the time go?

Wow, has it really been that long since I had anything to say? Oh, yeah, it's really been longer than that since I had anything WORTH saying! haha!

Just wanted to do a quick update. It's been nutso-rama around here. Lots of projects due in school and last week was Teacher Appreciation week. I was in charge of it for one of my kids, F's, teacher. I'm SO SO glad it's over. I think to celebrate I will take the room mom folder I was given at the first of the year and do a celebratory burning of the folder. The last big thing we have going is the Shakespeare play and celebration all next week. M is a sea captain in the play and we have been trying to finish up his costume. I hope that he has all his lines down. I have a couple of dresses to sew for the girls to wear, since the kids can dress in Shakespearean costume all week long. It is really the great culmination of a wonderful year at school. Each day the 8th graders do one act from the play for the other students. The older children are all assigned a younger student to be their "buddy" for all the festivities. They have a Shakespearean Feast and on Fri night the play is put on for all the parents and public. My kids couldn't stop talking about it last year. The play they are doing this year is "Twelfth Night"

So I again bombed on SHS and I figure that I will continue to bomb on that til school is out. I am trying to keep up with stuff but it seems like so many things that are out of my control are taking over my schedule and life.

Got the great experience today of attending my SIL's ward and being at the blessing of their new twin boys. There were so many people there to support them, probably added about 50 people to the congregation.Their father gave them beautiful blessings and they were absolute angels. The gospel of Christ is such a blessing in our lives. The knowledge of the importance of families was manifest today.

No comments:

Post a Comment