Saturday, March 03, 2007

Sunny Saturday! (finally)

It was absolutely so wonderful to see the sun today, even though it wasn't very warm, it warmed my soul to have sunshine. I am a person who needs sunshine and craves it. Must be why I loved living in AZ and consider myself a desert rat.

This week was a bit better on habits than I have been doing. I wouldn't consider any of them a permanent habit yet, but I feel like I'm making progress.

*I remembered my a.m. prayers more days than not this week.
*I did exercise, just didn't get three in. ( I tried, but did not have the right equipment on that day to go along with what the instructor was doing and didn't have time to catch a different class)
*I decided to stop trying to count points on WW. It was really stressing me out and making me crave and eat things I didn't really want. What is it about 'dieting' that makes you crave whatever item is a no-no? And yes, I know that WW isn't really 'dieting', that you can eat what you want in moderation as long as you count it, but for some reason it makes me crave those really high point things and think about eating them until I just can't stand it anymore and go and eat it til I think I can't eat another thing. So I'm still trying to eat the healthy stuff and stop eating between meals unless it's a fruit or veggie and drink my 8 cups of water a day, but NO MORE POINT COUNTING.
*I was an organizing freak this week. I finished my scrapbook stuff reorganization by color and can I say that I love it already. I found things I knew I had but didn't know where they were and now they will be a cinch to find. I labeled all those color drawers and the bathroom drawer units I filled last week. I went through the kids books and got rid of ones that were falling apart and set aside ones that I think my baby would like to look at now to put in a basket on his dresser. I moved the kids school notebooks from various places around the house to the now empty spot on the bookshelves. I made further adjustments to the hanging organizer I have in the master bath to hold all my stuff. I love my pedestal sink, but miss having a place to store all the stuff I need every day. I have looked and looked for a wall cabinet for over the toilet but can't find one I like, so my solution was to get a hanging shoe organizer to hang on the wall. It has 12 pockets and holds my vitamins, lotions, nail and heel files, nail polish and stickers, brushes and combs, hair spray and gel, cotton wipes, and I took the stitching out from between two of the pockets so that my makeup bag would fit in that space. It cost me $1 at Dollar Tree and until I find a cabinet that I like, it will work for me.
*I did a bit better at getting to bed earlier but still need to work on that one.

**This week I would like to work on reading a book each day to my baby. I currently spend lots of time reading with my Kindergartner and 2ND grader and my baby gets lost in the shuffle, so that's my new thing to work on.

Have a great week, everyone.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! So much done! I wish I could be as organised as you!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a great idea to use a shoe organizer in your bathroom. Especially for $1!!! At that price I might have to go look for one for my hall closet.

    After reading your comments about point counting making you eat more I think you should come over to Finding My Pants and read Intuitive Eating with us. You would probably really like it.

    Have an organized week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kassie- Great job on getting some organizing done. I need to get back to doing that. I love how you made the $1 shoe organizer work for you.

    I so know what you mean by when you try hard not to eat something- it makes you crave it so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are making so much progress! Good for you.

    I know what you mean about needing to read to the youngest more often. I feel like my little guy gets lots sometimes in the shuffle, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't find that shoe organizer at the dollar store. Dang it!

    The seminar was fabulous. We signed up for two more and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete