Thursday, October 19, 2006

Whew! Countdown to Fall Festival is on!


The BIG fundraiser for the year for our school is the Fall Festival. It's a big dinner, dancing, games, fun family time kind of thing. They always have a silent auction that brings in lots of money and each family is asked to contribute at least one item to auction off. I don't know about anybody else, but for me that is a very stressful thing. They suggest going to businesses and getting products and services donated, but anyone who knows me knows I would rather cut my arm off than solicit donations. So for the last two months I have thought and thought and thought and tried to come up with a fun, unique idea that I think will be appealing and bring in $$ for the school. Thanks to my mom and her embroidery machine I usually have something fun.
This year I donated 12 Christmas ornaments that are covered with machine-embroidered lace which is embellished with Swarovski crystals. They are very pretty and I hope someone else thinks so too! I turned them in yesterday.

It feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Whew!! Hopefully they'll get a day of rest before the next big stressful thing gets loaded onto them.....

Hasta!

1 comment:

  1. Holy smokes! That is GORGEOUS! I would buy them if I was at the auction...very nice job Kassie!
    I'm with you on the solicitating...no thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete