Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Seeking organization!

I really shouldn't be up at this hour, but Soren got me up and of course now he's back asleep, but I'm not. I really look forward to the day when I can get a whole night's sleep.
I've been having lots of thoughts of ways to organize my home and my life so that it is more efficient. I think that organization is key to surviving being a mother of more than one child. I have gotten ideas from lots of places, including here. I was so inspired by what she has written and the challenges. I am trying to put some of those ideas into practice. Another idea I got was from my friend, Katie. While visiting at her house I noticed that her water cup had an elastic string with alphabet beads on it, spelling out her name. She had them for each member of her family. She said that it saves her washing those thousands of cups that seem to end up all over the house which no one will claim as theirs. I loved this idea, because I am forever washing cups, way more than necessary, even given the number of people who live in this household. So I ran right out to my trusty craft store and picked up the supplies to make name bands for our household. It has helped already, even though I haven't gotten all of them made yet. Who would have thought that such a simple idea could be so useful??

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! I'm so glad you started it, since we do have so much in common. I have the same problem with cups. I was going to do something to personalize them so that I wouldn't have to do so darn many dishes.

    ReplyDelete