Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Wacky Wednesday!

Whew! I get to sit for a moment. It has been one of those days. I'm really ready for Curtis to be home. I try to keep things together when he leaves town, but it truly wears me out. I was reading on Melody Ross's blog last night. She is the founder of Chatterbox, Inc. I learned that her husband had an accident a while ago and has suffered from a brain injury, so she has had to be the mom and the dad and the business owner and keep everything going at home and at work. I am amazed at her ability to keep going, and keep a positive attitude about it all. Very admirable.

Took Soren in to the dr. today for a 9 month checkup. He is one BIG boy. He clocked in at 22.2 lb, 31 inches long. He was 90% for his weight, 80% for his height and 75% for his head size. Dr. Berry teased me and told me that he will one day be a linebacker and that I ought to package and sell what I've been "feeding" him. But of course, he is all good. Everything about him is great. He was absolutely crazy there too. He sat on that crinkly paper on the exam table and kicked for all he was worth just to hear it. He was wanting to get into all the drawers and cupboards. Thankfully he fell asleep on the way to Aunt Nicole's so that she didn't have to put up with his antics while she watched him.

I spent an hour in Sadie's classroom today helping with the recording of homework. I am amazed at how much those cute little kids have learned in the 29 days they've been in school. Sadie is very business like in her schooling, comes right into the room, gets her things from her cubby, sits down and gets busy. Not much talking to the other kids or getting distracted by anything. She has made tremendous strides in her writing. So fun to see the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment