Tuesday, December 22, 2015

The Messiah

Every year, people in Blanding and Monticello get together and prepare and present The Messiah, by Handel. I think this year was the 38th annual presentation. We have gone only once before but Cambria, Curtis and I decided to attend again this year.

It is an amateur production of course, but I think they did a good job for people who are giving of their time to share this great work of music. I appreciate their efforts.


I'm always amazed when I listen to the music at all the parts and how it all fits together and I am amazed that one man could create all that and write it up so that people could play and sing all those parts. What a talent. 
Some of the songs are not my favorite but some of them I absolutely love. And I loved that we all got to stand up and sing on the Hallelujah chorus. Chills. 
I don't know if this will be an ongoing tradition or not. But I will be happy to go every once in a while and maybe I'll even get my brave face on and sing in it one year! Who knows?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment