Sunday, December 13, 2015

Ponderize Nov 22-Dec 13

Psalms 27:1
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

I'm afraid my ponderizing has gotten derailed a bit in the last couple of weeks. I think I've had this scripture on my fridge for three weeks. It's short and not very complicated so I haven't focused on memorizing it because it seems easy...
I do love this scripture and it ties in so nicely with my favorite hymn, The Lord is my Light. That hymn has been my favorite from my teen years. I think at first the lovely chorus is what drew me to the song. I love singing it. But over the years I have come to love the words as well. 
I realized a few years ago that "Light" seemed to be my thing. I looked at my house and noticed how many of my decorations were actually means of light...candles, lanterns, pictures of Christ. I even wanted to name James, Lucy, had he been a girl, and Lucy means light. I also at one point, when homeschooling my kids, was trying to figure out what my 'mission' was. What was I here to do, particular to me? I had a dream in which I was told to 'teach them about the light!' As a mother, church teacher, neighbor, I believe I need to share Christ's light, formally or informally. 
There have been a number of talks recently about the subject of light. There are lots of aspects of light but I've been thinking about light and salvation, as referenced in the scripture I've been pondering. I've never liked the dark. I always feel uneasy in the dark. And I'm amazed at how little light it takes to push back the dark. Darkness CANNOT defeat light. Light always wins, even if it's only a little light. Christ is the Light. He will conquer the darkness. The darkness cannot win. As I choose to follow and share his light, darkness is driven away from me and I can bask in the warmth and peace of His light. Because of Him and his gift of the atonement and salvation I do not need to fear the darkness. If I choose light, I choose the winning team. I do not need to be afraid of anyone or anything with Him as my light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment