Thursday, December 31, 2015

Christmas cactus



I got this Christmas cactus the first Christmas we lived in Monticello from our Home Teacher, Joe. Unfortunately, my kitten almost destroyed it at that time and it has slowly been recovering ever since then. It has developed blossom buds a few times but has rarely bloomed. The buds fall off before it actually blooms. I'm never sure if I'm watering too much or not enough or if its a light issue. 
It has grown quite a bit in the six years it's lived with us and looks better this year than it ever has. 
AND this year it decided to actually bloom at Christmas! Look at that!
It had three beautiful pink blossoms and we surely enjoyed them. I hope it's not another six years before it decides to bloom at Christmas again. ;)

(I am going to give it a bigger apartment (pot) and see if that makes it happier!)

No comments:

Post a Comment