Saturday, May 24, 2014

Track-2014

Cambria's favorite sports season is track and field season. She typically runs the 400m and the 400m leg in the medley and the 4x400m races. This year she also ran the 800m a few times and discovered she also likes that race as well.
I have known since she was a little girl that she was a runner. I would watch that little 5 year old girl run up and down the street we lived on in Provo and she just made it look easy. She had hardly any up and down motion, all her energy propelled her forward smoothly. 
It has been so fun to watch her over the last 5 years as she has run XC and now track, to see her push herself and give it her best. 
It hasn't been easy for her, as she only makes it to half of the practices due to her job. But she loves track so she does her best to improve and contribute to her team. 
This year there were meets in many places, including the BYU invitational, San Juan, Moab, Salina and our own home meet. 
I got the opportunity to go with Curtis and Nina to State Track at BYU and I realized I really missed out on some fun by not participating in track as a student. I'm thankful I got to go and watch her do her thing! Sure love my beautiful daughter and I'm very pleased with her efforts to develop her talents.
waiting for her event to start


In the starting blocks

Off like a shot


coming around corner #3 being cheered on by teammates

Heading into the last straightaway
I helped Curtis measure javelin throws at our home meet. It was SOOOOOOO cold that day.
Gotta love spring on the Colorado Plateau!

No comments:

Post a Comment