Friday, March 23, 2012

I've decided to post some of the outfits I put together. Mostly as a visual for myself to see how they look somewhere other than in the mirror. (My mirror has issues with telling the truth). Also as a catalog of possibilities. One thing I really love about my closet now is that all the clothing coordinates and the possibilities are limitless. It's so fun to see what new look I can create. This will help me see if it was a win or not.


Today I went for a very casual look. Since I started DYT I have been trying to be more dressy than just jeans and a T, my standard uniform prior to DYT. But there are days when you just want to be comfy and casual. Today was one of those days.

I layered a light gray tshirt under a gray burnout tshirt from Aeropostale'. The Aero tshirt is a big too large and so it drapes but since I'm T2 I think that's perfect!

I put on my silver oval earrings but still felt a little blah, so I added the dusty blue scarf I made from an old tshirt.(love, love, love these scarves!! Tutorial here) I think it adds just enough interest at the neckline.

I still find myself doing a bit too much contrast. I originally put on a purple/lavendar tshirt scarf, but decided I wanted to go with a more blended, monochromatic look. It's a challenge for me to go monochromatic.

*Please ignore the visible muffin top, I'm working on removing that!


1 comment: