Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Decent night's sleep! What's that?

A night of uninterrupted sleep. That is my dream. I've been doing the baby thing for the last 23 years and it's getting a bit old. I'd love to finally be able to get a full night's sleep every night. Sigh. It looks as if the dream will stay just that for a while longer.

Charlie, at age 3, has quite an imagination. Here is a little conversation that we had a couple of weeks ago at 4 a.m.

I had gotten up to get James a bottle. and had just crawled back into my own warm bed, closing my tired eyes. Then I heard, "There's a snake in my room."  I chuckled quietly so as not to disturb Curtis.  In a minute I heard it again, but a little bit louder. This time Curtis laughed with me. He crawled out of bed and went in to the boys' room and wrangled that invisible snake. Thinking he had solved the problem he crawled back into bed, telling me quietly that Charlie had seen the "snake" on the baby's crib.

We were just settling back to sleep when we heard,

"It's still HERE!!"

Curtis went in and talked to him telling him there was no snake and all the reasons why there would not be a snake in his room at night. He was not convinced. Curtis  had to get up and go in to work early to do snow removal so he ended up bringing Charlie in to our bed. He tucked him in, got ready and left.

I told him that it was way too cold for snakes to be out of the ground here, that they'd be frozen. After all Dad had just gone to shovel snow. Told him that there was no way for a frozen snake to get upstairs to his room because the cats would get it anyway.

Thinking the issue was resolved I began to drift off to sleep again, only to hear,

"Now it's in HERE!!"

Yup, uninterrupted sleep is still a dream. But maybe it's overrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment