Thursday, March 01, 2012

I am what I thought I was.....

Wow. I really meant to be better at updating this blog this year. Guess the year is not over and I still have time to do better.

So after my trip to the DYT Center in Draper, I'm happy to announce that I'm a Type........................................................................................
2!!
I am what I thought I was. And I'm very happy about that!

It was a very interesting experience. I was privileged to meet with Sarah Tuttle, and she spent about 20 minutes with me, helping me decide/see for myself that I am a Type 2. The draping consisted of (with as few specifics as possible to not cause a problem with the DYT co.) placing on me type specific versions of one color. Along with that there was a piece of a patterned cloth that was type specific and a piece of jewelry that was type specific.

Sarah sat me near a north-facing window for true light and in front of a mirror. She looked at me and shared with me what facial features she did see in my face. She said she saw T1 in my upturned nose and higher forehead as well as rounder cheeks. She saw T4 in my straight eyebrows and parallel lines on the sides of my nose. T2- she saw my oval face and softer cheek/jaw and s-curve from brow to around my mouth. Then she put the fabrics for the type that I thought I was on me, then layered the others over that from the type with the features most recognized to the least. So T2 was on the bottom and T3 on the top.

The T3 color and pattern were just completely wrong. Too much movement. They were quickly discarded. T4 was next. Colors weren't too bad, but when the patterned piece was near my face, it was just overpowering me. They were removed and we went to T1. We played around with it for a time. The colors were actually quite good on me. Again it came to the pattern and metal. The piece of fabric was a polka dot and in Sarah's words,"Just looks 'silly'". The animation of it was not good for me. Then we just had the T2 fabrics to look at. Again, the colors are good, and the patterned piece just made my face look smoother and softer and not so blotchy. And it flowed with me.

I was thrilled to get this chance. I was a bit nervous going in, but it was a great time and I'm so glad I took the chance to do it. Sarah was so kind and sweet, making me feel very comfortable and at home. I also took the time to shop while I was there. I think that is something I will do as often as I can. I loved that I didn't even need my style guide. They have all the clothing sorted by type on the racks. So you just head to the the T2 rack and start shopping. I found a pair of much-needed jeans, a jacket and about 4-5 shirts, as well as a pair of earrings.

I'm looking forward to catching a club night this year sometime and I'm also planning to attend the annual event they hold. This year it's the end of September. Can't wait to meet so many women who are living their truth.

2 comments:

  1. So fun to hear about your trip, Kassie! You look great in your T2 colors. I would really like to do what you just did. I'm still struggling:) Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shaunna take the opportunity to do it. It's worth the time and the money. Soon the center will be closer to you so no excuses! ;) how is it looking for club night in April? I have it on my calendar and I'm planning on it.

      Delete