Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A LITTLE something to worry about! (You'd think I'd never fed a baby before...)


Last week I took the little guy in for his 2 week checkup. I even pondered, for a minute, not going to it, since this is child #8. But I decided that it was okay to go have him checked out.



Well, it turns out that he is not gaining weight.
Really not gaining weight.
Losing it, in fact.

He was down 1 lb and 3 oz from his birth weight.



Dr. is concerned and wants to see him again this week and so
my only job from now until then is to fatten this little guy up.
Read: I am the milk-cow.



I've resorted to pumping in between feedings to have
a little extra milk to let others feed to him and
using some Fenugreek to try to up the supply.



I think it's doing some good, he seems less sleepy and
is eating more vigorously than he was last week.
Hopefully it will all have been worthwhile and
the little guy will be a little less little at weigh-in.

Keep your fingers crossed for us.

2 comments:

  1. Kassie--He's sooooo cute! I'm glad you know how to increase your milk supply. It just goes to show you that no matter how many children we have, there's always more to learn. Ha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((HUGS)))

    He's precious. With the milk cow in full force, he won't be little anymore! :)

    ReplyDelete